derrickonline
derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
22792886

Have an acer tablet which I use as a monitor for security

Customer Question

have an acer tablet which I use as a monitor for hoe security cameras. Question is: Can I leave the tablet always plugged into the charger? This would make things easier for this task.
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The cameras are Swannview Plus and are about 3 months old. The TV also monitors the cameras so the tablet is a secondary monitor.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There is no "problem". It is just that I sometimes cannot access the cameras with the tablet because the batter has run down. My idea was to leave it always charging unless this would damage the unit. Everything works fine.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 4 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. Leaving your tablet charged is not necessarily a problem if that's going to be the typical application. However keeping a battery charged constantly eventually shortens the lifespan of the battery itself. But that's a moot point if the only reason you have the tablet is to monitor the security cameras and it will always be plugged in anyway.

Other than shortening the lifespan of the actual battery itself, there is no negative consequences to keeping your tablet charged constantly. Additional Reading