p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

How do I change the opening page on my 4th generation

Customer Question

How do I change the opening page on my 4th generation Kindle? I don't want all the book advertisements every time I open the device.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you seeing this on the main page of the kindle before you've fully turned it on (prior to the slide to open screen)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's what I see when I open the cover.

Thank you for confirming,

Okay that is an automated advertisement that comes from amazon. You are seeing those because you bought a "sponsored" kindle at a discount, which gives amazon permission to display those ads in exchange for selling you the lower cost kindle hardware.

You can remove them, but to do so you have to pay back that discount.

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. Select the Your Devices tab.
  3. Click your device to display more information.
  4. Next to Special Offers, click Edit, and then follow the instructions to unsubscribe from Special Offers. You'll see the amount of the one-time payment before you confirm.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,