Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Thanks in advance for your help. I have an Android phone - a

Customer Question

Hi. Thanks in advance for your help.I have an Android phone - a Motorola Turbo 2. NO ONE in the Verizon Tech department is able to tell me HOW to erase items from my Cloud storage!!!!I just bought this phone and it is already 91% full. I realize it stays with the service, not the phone - but it also has items I DELETED on the other phone stored and when I try to get rid of it - it tells me it was already deleted (but it is still there???????)HELP!!! I need to free up some space. There are even deleted texts stored. Whaaaat???Thanks
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Is the phone giving a specific error?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, no error at all. I just do not know how to erase it. I accidentally found the information saying it has 2300 text messages stored. But, I don't know where/how to start to erase it.
Is there a process??
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, the best way to erase is to go to settings, Applications manager

Locate the app Messages, press it and press clear data and that will erase it.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry - you are really dealing with a non-techie. WHERE is the Applications manager please?? I go to setting and click on Apps - but it just gives me the ones which are running now
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

yes that is it, and when you are there, swipe to the right and you go to the list ALL

Then you can locate the apps Messages

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have to do it one app at a time? I just erase the ones I don't want and it can free up some space too?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

that is correct.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry . I have to leave for work soon and I do not finish until late tonight. I will be back in touch tomorrow. I thought this might be a simpler process. I hope you will be online tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

no problem and thank you