ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I am trying to copy all my audio files, video files and

Customer Question

I am trying to copy all my audio files, video files and photos from HTC 8 Sense 6.0, Android 5.0.2 Software number 4.28.502.1 HTC SDK API level 6.55 to a Windows 7 PC. I have HTC Sync Manager on the PC side, but I cannot get the PC software to recognize the Android device.I tried to load HTC Sync Manager software on the Android device's side but it is not available in the Play store.How to troubleshoot to get the files transferred?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Are you using a desktop PC or a laptop?

Can you see the phone appear as an external device when you go to "Computer"?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am having some difficulty with the computer recognizing the phone. Should I try a different micro usb cable?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

Are you using a desktop PC or a laptop computer?

Yes, do try a different cable.

Also try a different USB port on the computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried three different cables. The phone shows that the phone is charging. The PC does not recognize the phone. Is there any setting in the phone that is preventing data connection and only allowing battery charging?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

There are 4 pins in the USB connection - 2 are used for charging and 2 are used for data transfer.

If the USB socket on the phone is partially clogged with dirt or lint, it can prevent the data connection from being made.

Please confirm what all drives and devices you can see when you go to "Computer"?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there's no software setting to toggle between charging and data tranfer?
Expert:  ITPeter replied 6 months ago.

No, USB devices use a universal USB driver which comes on all PCs, so the computer should immediately recognize when a phone is connected unless there is a problem with the connection or the driver.