Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

My Android can't contact the OUT server and keeps on

Customer Question

My Android can't contact the OUT server and keeps on referring to my password. Message reads "can't connect to server". I'm sure the password ***** ***** suspect a server problem.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Not since it was supplied a fortnight or so ago. IN server contact has been made successfully using that username and password.
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: though Windows Live Mail, never aproblem.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: re-entry of password ***** error marker indicates, always the same response.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 23 days ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. What email service provider are you using on this phone? THe inbound and outbound server would use the same password ***** the way.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
My provider is Telstra. While awaiting your answer I have cleared all past attempts as I fear some confusion has arisen over a typo in username that was not properly cleared. Battery power was low so it's charging and I'll get back ASAP. Thankyou for your response.
Expert:  derrickonline replied 22 days ago.

I'm online now just let me know when you're available.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The same problem still persists. Is it the server not responding, or could there be another password ***** should have entered? In desperation I have tried every password ***** might remotely be relevant, and still get the same response. If the problem is in the Android, could it be a corrupted program? Awaiting your answer.
Expert:  derrickonline replied 10 days ago.

Give me a ring when you're available.