Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.
63817454

I have a pandigital novel 7. I could not get into my

Customer Question

I have a pandigital novel 7. I could not get into my applications. On the application there is an android icon. I deleted all my apps and not I cannot add any apps. It seems to be frozen. I have tried the reset button on top and using the volume button an power button at the same time to try to get it to reboot. After trying that the screen now shows the android icon and a white triangle with a yellow exclamation point in the middle.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: where can I get this information inasmuch as my tablet is frozen
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only a couple of days. I tried using the reset button on top. I tried pressing the up and down volume buttons while hitting the power button. I was told that would sent me to a reset or reboot screen. That is when the screen started showing the green android icon and white triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle.
JA: Anything else you want the android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It started with the android icon showing on the icon of several of my apps. I uninstalled all my apps but the icon still shows in the application line of my settings. I could not open any of the apps that had this icon on it.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 25 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

When you say "on the application there is an android icon", which application? Is it just the android on the screen?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
When I first noticed it was when I couldn't open the BN app to read a book. The android icon was on the BN app,Office Suite and one other that was originally on my reader. When I opened the settings, it was also on the applications line. I uninstalled the apps that had the icon on them. There were no icons on a few game apps that I had added and I am still able to go into them. When I uninstalled the apps the icon is still on the applications line in the settings. I read on line to reset by using the volume buttons and power switch. When I tried that the screen went blank and a green android icon and a white triangle with a yellow exclamation mark came on.

Ok, that is the recovery android. The one with the yellow exclamation is what you need to see. It's the same as for any Android tablet or smart phone. Did you see the recovery options? You want to choose the factory reset.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Those symbols stayed on the screen for a very long time and never showed any recovery options. I tried using the reset on the top on the unit and it didn't work.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I just tried this again and again the android and triangle are back on the screen.

That should bring you to a monochrome menu. Press each button briefly if it stays on the android for more than a couple of minutes. That particular model may need an extra button pressed to get to the actual menu.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have tried pushing buttons and nothing happens. What buttons should I push and in what order?

If you're getting to the Android, and no further, I assumed it was a single button. There is another way, click here. I haven't personally used this, but multiple thousands have and are happy with it. It is supposed to reset your phone when it doesn't go to the recovery menu.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
That walked like you have to install an app. I cannot install any apps.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Meant talked like.

Yes, you have to install the app. This is not done with the android logo, go ahead and boot your phone normally for this.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Found it and trying to install. I have trouble getting into things on the web because the security warning keeps coming up and I have to cancel it several times before continuing. I keep hitting install and nothing is happening.
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 24 days ago.

You can search for ROM Manager in the Google Play store.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I did but when I hit install it doesn't install onto my reader.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
There is also a white exclamation point at the top of the reader beside the house, etc., icons.

It's probably due to the outdated Android version that tablet uses. Our only other way is to install a different OS. This is a bit of a process, and you'll need an SD card. Don't worry, it's not hard if you have basic computer skills.

Click here to download the file.

1. Download this DAT file.
  2. Copy it over to the SD card in your Novel, and rename it to polaris_update.dat
  3. Copy it over to your Novel a second time and rename it to S64N_SLST_KOBO_PD_20110602.dat.
  4. Turn off your tablet.
  5. Start the update cycle by pressing the up volume button and the power button at the same time.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
This will take a while because I have to change computers.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
How do I copy it to the card in my novel?
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
This file is from doc to pdf. Is that what I want to copy to me novel?

Stand by a sec...

You'll need a card reader. Once you rename it to the .dat file, copy it to the root directory, just like you would copy to a flash drive or any other storage device. Then when you put it into the Novel, when it boots, it will load the contents of the card.

The doc to pdf has nothing to do with this update. Changing a doc to pdf will mess up the file. Those files are your books.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I have tried everything on both my old and new computer. It did not work. The download would not download onto my computer. Therefore I still have a non-working ereader and I am not satisfied. Please refund my money,