GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Cannot get rid of the e-book I have already read so I can

Customer Question

cannot get rid of the e-book I have already read so I can download more They show they are deleted but tap on them and they will download again. using to much space that way.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this? What is the model number of the tablet you are using?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
serial Number DO1E COAO 1497 INRR Kindel Fire
had for probably 5 years

Ok, your books are stored online, and are only downloaded for use on your tablet. We can reset it and it will work like new. You'll still have access to your books, just sign into your Amazon account when the reset is complete.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Reset to confirm.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry, you seem to be replying to a computer generated email. Can you see my last reply with the reset instructions?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I read you answer, Did it but all it did was mess up the book I read. The audible book titles are still all there. didn't do anything to it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You can cancel the $20 bill for the phone call. Since I never got on. I want that credited to my account

Your books are stored online, you will need to re-download the book in order to read it on your tablet. Your books are fine, you just need to reset your tablet when it gets full in order to get more space.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok Thanks How about the refund on the $20 since I received not a cal

I do not see a request for a phone call. You would need to accept that in order to be billed for the call.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no thank you

The emails are automated, please don't respond to them. The only thing that I send you is here, on this page, on this chat window.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having so much difficulty. I will do my best to help you. On your Kindle, when you go to "MY LIBRARY" you should see ALL and DOWNLOADED. ALL is every book that you have ever purchased. By default, all of your previous purchases will show up there. If you tap on a title displayed in the library it will download to your Kindle. That is the way it is designed to work. If you have a lot of books that you need to delete, the most efficient way to do it may be to reset your Kindle Fire to "factory settings", the way that it was when you first took it out of the box.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button in the OFF position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. Note: If you do this, you will need to have your wifi user name and password ***** well as your Amazon account information (email and password). You will need these to setup the Kindle after the factory reset.

After setting up the Kindle, please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Regarding the charge for the original question and the phone call, you'll need to contact Customer Service via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help. I do not have access to billing information.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

You're very welcome. Did that work for you?