derrickonline
derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
22792886

My Kindle FIRE asks for my PIN number when I turn it on.

Customer Question

My Kindle FIRE asks for my PIN number when I turn it on. It's never done this before.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Maybe 10 years old. I think it's a Kindle Fire.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Asking for the PIN first happened last night. I've tried for about a week to get the device to connect to Time Warner Internet service which is working fine on my laptop.
JA: Anything else you want the android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure I know enough to specify further action.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 26 days ago.

I'd bem ore than happy to assist you. Can you tell me which model Kindle Fire you have? First generation, second generation, etc? To save us time I'm going to make an assumption that you have a 3rd generation Kindle Fire. In which case you can reset your pin by following the instructions below

ou can change your Fire tablet's lock screen password ***** PIN directly from Manage Your Content and Devices.

1. On your computer or mobile device, go to Manage Your Content and Devices, and then select Your Devices.
  2. From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your Fire tablet.
  3. Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Lock.
  4. Enter and then confirm a new password ***** PIN, and then select Lock Device.
  5. From your Fire tablet, tap Unlock Device.
  6. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to unlock your device. Enter your lock screen password ***** PIN, and then tap OK.
I'd be more than happy to assist you. Can you tell me which model Kindle Fire you have? First generation, second generation, etc? To save us time I'm going to make an assumption that you have a 3rd generation Kindle Fire. In which case you can reset your pin by following the instructions below ou can change your Fire tablet's lock screen password ***** PIN directly from Manage Your Content and Devices. On your computer or mobile device, go to Manage Your Content and Devices, and then select Your Devices.From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your Fire tablet.Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Lock.Enter and then confirm a new password ***** PIN, and then select Lock Device.From your Fire tablet, tap Unlock Device.Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to unlock your device. Enter your lock screen password ***** PIN, and then tap OK.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
When I get to my Devices and click on Don's second Kindle, I do not see the Device Action's drop-down menu. Can you figure this one out?
.

You don't see any drop downs?

Let's make this easier. Here's the number to Amazon Support: 1(###) ###-####/p>