Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

Thank you for showing up so very promptly....doesn't happen

Customer Question

Thank you for showing up so very promptly....doesn't happen too often at any site anymore..... my Acer Iconia windows tablet doesn't take a charge any longer.....it does run when I have it plugged in to electricity....just no charge would it be the battery or the mini port
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a W1-810 2 years now
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started not taking charge during the last couple months
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is pretty much all I need to discuss....just what is the probable problem?
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 24 days ago.

Since it works while it is plugged in, it is very likely that the issue is your battery and not the charging port.

I would suggest that you purchase a new battery which should fix your issue. Here is a direct link to the battery: https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Acer-Iconia-Tab-8-A1-840-A1-840FHD-W1-810-Tablet-Battery-30107108/159768553?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=616&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=pla-51320962143&wl5=9012214&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112354285&wl11=online&wl12=159768553&wl13=&veh=sem

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 23 days ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 22 days ago.

I am checking back up on your about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.