Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Books purchased over last 2 weeks can be downloaded to ipad

Customer Question

Books purchased over last 2 weeks can be downloaded to ipad and phone but not kindle.
Tried restarting kindle, rebooting modem, no luck
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for full 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle. Then open Kindle and see if you are able to access your books (check under Cloud section)

If that didn't work,then you will have to de-register the Kindle and re-register it. This will update the account with the Kindle. Go to Settings> device and/or Registration and de-register from there. Then re-register it from the same menu. That should fix it.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Note : This is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Tried both. The 3 books I bought are stating "queued" and the states downloading 0%, and then queued again. Still not downloading.
My kindle is my 3rd and less than 6 months old. Books are downloaded on my samsung 6 phone, and my ipad with no problem
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Make sure you have enough space on your Kindle. If that didn't work, then go to Settings > WiFi and forget your WiFi network (tap/select WiFi network adn you will see forget WiFi network). Then restart modem/router and connect the Kindle to WiFi again (you need the WiFi password ***** connect again, so make sure you have the password).

If that didn't work, then it is probably a system wide issue and may need a factory reset. So you will have to factory reset the Kindle which will delete everything from it, but you can redownload all your books using the same Amazon account. Can you try that ?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Have tried "forgetting network"already several times.
How do I perform factory reset?
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Which model of Kindle is this ?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Paper white 5
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

You can reset this way. Tap Menu and Settings. In Settings, tap Menu and Reset Device.

Remember, this will delete all existing books from Kindle. But you can redownload them anytime using the same Amazon account you used to purchase them.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Reset as you described and then re registered kindle.
Connected to wifi, but still not downloading
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

That is strange. Go to Menu > Settings > Menu and do all software updates.

Then go to Manage Your Content and Devices page on computer -----> https://www.amazon.com/mycd

You will see the puechased books there. Can you try to deliver one book from there to Kindle ? It will push the download to Kindle

Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Also, do this on Kindle. Press Menu and select Sync and Check for Items.

Any change ?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Checked computer and can see purchased items.
Selected 2 books that I purchased recently and sent them to kindle. Still no change
Now tried to download previously purchased books and they all say queued.
When I tried to download a book bought over a year ago to new device this morning it downloaded in seconds.
Now all stating "queued"
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Sorry, do you have this issue with new books only ?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No all books bought over last 3 years are now not downloading, they were prior to resetting device
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Is there any way you could try your Kindle on another WiFi network?

I'm not even sure if there is any issue with end of Amazon, like device backlisting etc. The factory reset is supposed to fix it if it is device related.

I'm out of ideas on this. I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Would I have to change my email address to someone else's to use their wifi
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

No, you don't have to change email. Just connect it to another WiFi network and see if it works on it. This is to test whether your modem is not sending enough data to Kindle or not

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Regarding satisfaction if unable to connect, is there a refund?
Also is there any other way of checking with amazon if the fault continues
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

Yes, you can get full refund. You can contact or email to***@******.*** and they will refund you.

Yes, you can contact Amazon from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Many thanks Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 25 days ago.

You're welcome and I'm very sorry I couldn't solve your problem.

Best Regards,