GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I can't get my kindle to show up on my computer as a storage

Customer Question

I can't get my kindle to show up on my computer as a storage device I have a lot of books that I did not buy from Amazon that I would like to transfer to my new kindle
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have a kindle fire HD I got it about 6 months ago, I still have my old kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just tried the last few weeks, I have tried connecting it to three different computers but it doesn't show up as a device on any of them
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 30 days ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 30 days ago.

Your kindle has wifi capability. If you have connected it to your wifi network, you should be able to use the instructions below to transfer any books or apps that you have purchased from Amazon, without the need to connect it physically to your computer.

Please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 30 days ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you! Have a great day!