Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

It would appear my wi-fi is hooked up yet I cannot download

Customer Question

It would appear my wi-fi is hooked up yet I cannot download books onto my Kindle. Any suggestions> Yes I hav full bars and the battery is charged.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Bought in 2012 I believe it is a Kindle Fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: November 2 I downloaded the books, checked on the 6th and they were not there. I have changed wi-fi networks on the computer and the Kindle. I have restarted the Kindle. I have tried to send them wirelessly. Amazon says they were sent to my Kindle succewssfully yet I do not get them
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and download a book

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A page comes up and states, "If you want to read or shop on your Kindle while continuing to charge over USB, please keep the USB cable attached, but eject your Kindle from your computer."
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

is it connected to your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is by the USB cable
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, disconnect it please, and then see if the books download

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have disconnected, returned to the Amazon Manage Content and devices and resent the books to my Kindle. Amazon says they have successfully been sent to my Kindle yet I have not received them for the fourth or fifth time I have tried over the past two days!
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you open the Amazon app store on the Kindle and search for an app (to make sure you have internet)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am on Amazon right now so it would certainly appear I have the Internet as well I am connected to get email.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, now go to your books, then cloud

You see any books there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have no idea how to get into the cloud. When I check 'Content and devices' I see the books I ordered as well as two I did not delete earlier this week. I click on the books I want delivered to 'Craig's Kindle' and click on deliver. A box comes up saying the books have successfully been delivered to my kindle...yet again...NOT. Earlier this week I deleted two of my books from 'Content and Devices' yet they are still showing on my Kindle and can be read...
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

The instructions you do on the actual Kindle itself

You go to your list off books, and there you will see the cloud

This film will show you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt25KooE_oc

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ON my Kindle home page, I have the names of my books, Welcome Craig-a letter from Jeff Bezos, Kindle User's guide, Dictionaries and Archived items (0).
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, but it is the book shelf, can you watch the video I sent you please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was under the impression I had a Kindle Fire. My Kindle does not look like that in the video. I do not have a cloud to click on, etc. I did get into the store and tried to download a book..apparently without success.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

are you able to tell me which Kindle you have please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was a present, I thought I was told it was a fire. I have the original box yet that only tells me it's a Kindle. I have checked the 'User's Guide' on the Kindle and it tells me I have a Kindle. I have checked the 'Sync & Check for Items' and it now tells me that my Kindle is unable to connect at this time.......I have tried restarting without success. At this point unless you have a miracle pill that will fix this thing...I am giving up. I have things to do.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Perhaps refund my credit card. It would certainly appear that this problem is with my Kindle. For some reason the wi-fi will not sync with my computer to download books. For some reason it will not download books from my Kindle Library. Perhaps a new Kindle or a shop close to me to rectify the problem cheaply. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

What I advise is you reset the Kindle, this will return it to new so you can set it up again.

To do this, please do the following

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap the Menu icon again, and then tap Reset Device. Your Kindle will restart.

Once done, setup the Kindle and tell me please if the books now download

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I followed the instructions and have reset my Kindle. When I attempt to get into the Kindle Store, I receive a prompt that my Kindle is unable to connect at thus time........I tried a restart which did not work and I am really too busy at this time to go through the Device reset. ..again. I will perhaps try it again later and get back to you on how that works out. I think it is a lost cause but will try. Where can I go to have this Kindle checked out in the Mississauga, Ontario area? I will probably not be able to get back to you for at least 3-4 hours.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,Is it still now giving the error?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have given up. The Kindle will not sync with my computer even when changing wi-fi. I can buy a book on my Kindle from the Store but it will not download onto the Kindle. My wife has the a Kindle and it works perfectly so I know it is not the wi-fi signal. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal wifi adapter that has faulted, it is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Kindle was bought in 2012 so I doubt that it is still under warranty. I will expect my five dollars to be refunded. Too bad we could not fix the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, I will ensure you get a refund so you do not have to pay for the service I provided you