JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I bought a Samsung Galaxy 7 from Best Buy in Fort Worth

Customer Question

I bought a Samsung Galaxy 7 from Best Buy in Fort Worth Hulen Mall in July. I see the phone passcode as my fingerprint. No one told me that if I didn
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: t use the phone for 24 hours I would not be able to get into my phone without going to gmail and resetting. I do not know my gmail account that was set up for me in 2012 when I bought my other phone. Can you help me get my password ***** sign in for gmail?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I reset the phone back to factory default as Sprint told me to do. I also went to the store where I got my Galaxy 7 and they could not help me with the gmail account. They said Best Buy Geek Squad could help since I bought the Sprint phone through Best Buy.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it. Unless, if they can't help me get into my phone, can I use my Protection Plan to get a different one or get my Glaxy 3 turned turned back on.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 27 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Unfortunately, there is no way to get back into your Galaxy S3 without knowing your original gmail registration password. Your Protection Plan will not help you with this type of problem. Your phone is obsolete and cannot be replaced. If you needed two phones, you should have taken advantage of an offer to buy one Galaxy S7 and get one free. I would go to the Sprint store and see if you can work something out for a new phone on a payment plan. Your old phone would have limited use in today's market, since it does not have enough memory.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!