Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I also tried all your suggestions with no luck. Openiong the

Customer Question

Hi Peter, I also tried all your suggestions with no luck. Openiong the case??? Is this worth the trouble? I feel like I already wasted a lot of time. Unless there is a $50 fix, it is going in the garbadge.
Roy
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(Expert Peter, it seems, was not available to take this case. I hope I may advise you on it.)

If your problem is that the tablet is dead, or lacking in a major function such as touch-screen function, or bootup/initialization, then the fix will be over $50 for sure, and it will probably have to go to a shop. This, given that you have already tried to do a hard reset on it and apparently that has not worked.

However, it would help me to answer your question more accurately, if you would tell me what the specific details of the problem the tablet it having.

If I must change my answer in light of the details, it will cost you nothing additional. And I will change my answer or add specifics to it, as needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried the hard reset and tried several USB charging cables with no luck, The unit remains dead.I have used this service before and am interested in seeing how much it is going to cost me for the answer that it makes no sense to repair.

Have you tried replacing the battery in the tablet?

If it is over 1 1/2 years old, the battery in it may be dead.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did consider changing the battery but was not 100% sure which one to order. Have you seen the costs??? What if it does not fix the problem. I was hoping for a reset solution. By the time I receive the battery, install it and take the cost for this suggestion in account, my cost will be over $50.00. The worst part is that it may not even fix the problem.

A reset cannot fix a device that is dead, I am sorry to have to say. In fact, a reset requires that power be applied to the device and working within it.

A thought: could the power adapter, or charger, have a problem, rather than the battery? look for loose cords, strain, breakage, evidence of repeated bending in the cords, etc.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am giving up. A new unit is about $100 so this was a waste of time.

Not if you can fix the problem for the price of a battery.

Let me know if you would like me, also, to find the cheapest source for the replacement battery for this model of tablet. That is something I can offer you to make the situation better.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Russel,Are you 100% sure the battery is the issue?I don't want to waste more money on this unit if it won't fix the problem.

The only way to tell for sure is:

1. charge the battery for 6 hours.

2. remove it from the device

3. check it with a voltmeter without other load on it (if bad, it may still show voltage at adequate levels without any load on it, without any power draw from it)

4. add a load, see if the voltage at once drops to below-tolerable or below-usable levels.

And from that, you may tell whether the battery is defective or not - for certain and for sure.

It takes a bit of work and some tools, but it will yield a perfect answer to the issue.