Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

FWhen I power on my Asus T100Ta-C1-RD(s) it comes up to the

Customer Question

fWhen I power on my Asus T100Ta-C1-RD(s) it comes up to the lock screen, I type in my password, then the screen goes dark and nothing happens.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: T100Ta-C1-RS(s), about 2yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for about a week. I've tried to get to the Troubleshooting screen, but when I press f9 during post, it goes to a bark screen that blinks blue,dark, blue,....
JA: Anything else you want the android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is windows based OS, not android.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume that what you have is an Asus Transformer -type laptop/tablet.

If it just won't do anything, the operating system is in bad shape.

Try booting up into the Safe Mode selection screen - if possible, and it may not be possible or make any difference - by pressing F8 key repeatedly while booting up (with the keyboard attached first, of course!)

That screen has selections lower down that can repair an operating system problem.

( If you are getting the 'Locked' login rather than the 'Initial Login' screen, then you may have a suspended session that has gone bad, and it may need to be dumped/discarded. )

If worst comes to worst, you may need to have Windows reinstalled on the Asus device.

How new or old is this Asus device?

If within 1 year of purchase, the failure may be covered by warranty - if this is possible, let me know and I will advise you further.

The blue, dark, blue, dark alternation is probably a defective bootup or initialization attempt that fails and causes a renewal of the same effort, thus causing the alternating screens that lead nowhere.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thank You for your response and Inform. I tried to get to Safe Mode, but got the blinking blue screen again. This transformer is 2014, T100TA-C1-RD(S) model with Windows 8.1. If I must reinstall the OSs can I do a diff. OS, such as Windows 10, OR the latest Android, OR whatever you suggest?. I have Windows 10 on my regular HP laptop. IF, we choose that, would I be able to just load it from my laptop

If the Transformer is from 2014, it almost certainly is compatible with Windows 10.

I have looked up the model number "T100TA-C1", and find that the model T100TA is compatible with Windows 10 32-bit.

See

http://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/T100TA/HelpDesk_Download/

I think that putting Windows 10 on it would be OK, then.

If you already have Windows 10 installed, you are not allowed to install it and get it working on a second machine... MicroSoft is awfully picky about that sort of multiple usage, and limits it with special installation mechanisms.

But Windows 10 from another source would work... if it weren't installed and working on another machine already.