Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a zte blade mobile yesterday and turned it on but

Customer Question

Hi. I bought a zte blade mobile yesterday and turned it on but it won't turn off or move from the screen with the words zte written on it.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The model is ZTE Blade v0720 android. I don't know how old it is.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Having jusy bought it yesterday, I turned it on for the first time 10 minutes ago. I can't do anything with it. I inserted the sim as shown and have it charging but it doesn't show anything at all.
JA: Anything else you want the android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, How do i turn it off as it won't turn off when i push the on and off button.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your phone is, most likely, a case of goods being defective from the store.

A phone that 'stops dead' at the logo of its manufacturer is not booting up, not starting up, not initializing.

I advise you to return it to the store you bought it from, promptly. Tell them (and if needed, show them) how it doesn't start up, and how it has been that way since you bought it, and ask for either a refund, or to exchange it for another, fully working, phone of that type (or of equivalent value and capabilities.)

(Don't forget to take the SIM card out of it too, before you give it back to them, if that SIM card is yours or bought independently of the phone.)