Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a problem with a recently purchased Samsung Tablet A.

Customer Question

I have a problem with a recently purchased Samsung Tablet A. I put in a complicated security direction, but now cannot reliably reproduce the pattern. I can only unlock the tablet with the passcode numbers, which I can't get to come up first. And now I am having problems trying to do a factory reset. Advice?
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
model SMT350
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

You can go to your Lockscreen & Security menu and select None. After you validate this selection with the passcode, you can start over. There is no way to change the order of precedence. If you do not want to use a pattern, just go directly to the passcode. There is no need to perform a factory reset, unless you cannot remember your passcode.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!