Cris
Cris, Technician
Experience:  3yrs. experience with Android phone and tablets.
10156100

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that will not open. Is

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that will not open. Is repair expensive or feasible for 3 yr old tablet?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

You cannot get pass the login screen because you do not know that password? Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, it will not open past the screen that says Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I cannot get to the login screen
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

Try to reset the Tablet to see if that will resolve your issue. You can do so with the steps below:

1. Power the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and then briefly press the Power button to power on the device.
  3. Release the Volume Up button and the Power button when the Samsung logo displays on the screen.
  4. Use the Volume Up button to select the small android with an arrow icon.
  5. Press the Volume down button.
  6. Use the Volume button to select Recovery Console then press the Power button.
  7. From the Recovery Console screen, use the Volume button to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset then press the Power button.
  8. Use the Volume button to select Yes then press the Power button.
  9. Once the Wipe Data / Factory Reset has completed, use the Volume button to selectReboot System Now then press the Power button.

Let me know if the solution works for you, reply back to me with any further questions. Please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.