Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My kids locked my phone and I forgot the back up pin. I do

Customer Question

my kids locked my phone and I forgot the back up pin. I do not want to factory reset due to having work information on the phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: it is edge plus
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just a couple days. I have tried several pin numbers
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm surprised none of the pins are working, I always use birthday for a pin
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the phone, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

1. t the beginning switch off your device by holding the Power key for a short while.
  2. In the next step press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button for a couple of seconds.
  3. You should release held keys when the Samsung Logo appears on the phone's screen.
  4. After that select "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power buttonto confirm.
  5. Then choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the whole operation.
  6. When the Recovery Mode menu appears again select option "reboot system now".

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you