Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

To you. I am having a new problem with my Azus tablet when

Customer Question

Hi - good morning to you. I am having a new problem with my Azus tablet when using Gmail. The tablet is linking all my words together - it does not recognize words even if there is a space or a period or a comma between words. I've looked at the keyboard settings and spent 2 hours yesterday trying different things, but it hasn't made any difference. I didn't change any settings, but the way it's working now when I try to type anything - it's pretty much useless. How do I change the 'settings' to go back to single word recognition? It's underlining several words together.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is an Azus tablet - and it will be 2 years old in December
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started yesterday - I've looked at keyboard settings and language settings. I asked 2 friends of mine who have the same device. They have no idea.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything more. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'll need to ask a few question in order to fully understand the problem. Is there a possibility that there is something lodged behind the spacebar key, or that something sticky was spilled on the keyboard? Let's try taking a qtip dippped in alcohol and cleaning around the key as best you can without popping the key off. Please try that and let me know the results. Also, if there is any further insormtaion that you can provide, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I actually tried cleaning the screen big time yesterday and my tablet doesn't really have a keyboard - it is an electronic keyboard on the screen. When I type "how are things going" it underlines all the words and groups all the words together. Even if there is a period, comma, or two spaces inbetween the words. The word appear seperate in the typing area, but the 'auto word' area has everything underlined together so it's looking for "howarethingsgoing".
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have my tablet with me here at work right now. It's at home. Can I call this afternoon?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Sure we can continue then. I will look forward to hearing from you.