p0llinate
p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert
59725966

My Kindle Paperwhite is not responsive to my touch. I am

Customer Question

My Kindle Paperwhite is not responsive to my touch. I am having great difficulty in purchasing a book. I had success last month with another title, but again the screen was very slow - even non responsive - had to shut it off and come back.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 5 years old. Right now it says I have to register my kindle to make a purchase, but it has been registered for all this time and delivered books as requested. Recently very slow. Also, I cannot figure out how to get my books on the Cloud -
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: model DO1200
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is enough for now. I want it to respond to my touch, let me purchase a new book, and store my library (96 titles) in the Cloud.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 1 month ago.

Initially,

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,