GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I'm trying to register a kindle paperwhite but it keeps

Customer Question

Hello, I'm trying to register a kindle paperwhite but it keeps saying internal error
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a kindle paperwhite and we just received it in the mail today
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i've been trying for about 20 mins, i have restarted it twice. i went onto the account and deactivated the other kindles that were on the account thinking maybe there were too many activated but that didnt work
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it i think
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please try resetting it using the instructions that I've provided, and then try once more to register it. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.