GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a samsung T315T tablet and I would like to connect

Customer Question

I have a samsung T315T tablet and I would like to connect via wireless to my brother MFC-685CW printer so I can print out documents from my emails that I can access on my tablet is this possible?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there, My name is***** is definitely possible. In fact there are a number of different ways to accomplish this. Please click the link below and select Android to see all the possibilities

http://www.brother-usa.com/connect/mobile/

Google Cloud Print will be the method that is most likely to work for you. If your brother has set his printer up as a google cloud printer, you're all set. If he has not, here's how he can do it. https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en.

It doesn't appear that this printer model supports Wifi direct, but you can definitely use Google Cloud Print.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If I have, please kindly take a moment to rate my service, so I will receive credit for my answer. If you are not satisfied, please let me know so I can continue working with you or refer you to another expert. Please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Alison. Thank you so much for your response to my question. I have investigated the information provided but it would seem my printer is not compatible. Not sure where to from here, any suggestions. I was hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade my printer to a newer model.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Please give me just a moment to look into alternatives. Please forgive my silliness earlier. I know that the brand is BROTHER, but I misread it and thought that it was your brother's Brother printer lol!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

The basic premise of Google Cloud Print is that you can print to anywhere to ANY printer once you have set that printer up with Google CloudPrint. Your Brother MFC-685CW is not "Cloud Ready" but you can set it up as a Cloud Printer by clicking this link and selecting ADD YOUR CLASSIC PRINTER. Please give this a try and let me know if it works for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Alison, Thank you for your help and assistance. We decided to buy another printer a more up to date one. And have had it installed and connected, not only to my tablet but also our mobiles and computer via wireless. All are working. We were not able to install it via the information you provided sorry were not technically mindedat all. Thabk you so much for your time. And I apologise for inconveniencing you. Will we be charged for the cost?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I apologize, but I don't have access to billing information. I am independent contractor and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating. You can contact Customer Service about billing matters via email at***@******.***, or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help. Have a great day!