GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I am no longer receiving email on my Kindle Fire. Incoming

Customer Question

I am no longer receiving email on my Kindle Fire. Incoming and outgoing settings are the same as on my phone and I get email on it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi Sarah. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Can you tell me what your email address is please ( just the part after the @ sign).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
att.net
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. AT&T has recently changed some of their security settings for email. Please go to att.net and login. Click on the gear in the upper right hand corner, then account info and then security. You'll need to select "allow apps that use less secure sign in". The Kindle Fire OS and their SILK browser are considered to be "less secure". It is possible that once you turn that on, to allow access, the problem will be resolved. However, I just finished working with another client who ended up having to turn off two step verification as well.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.