Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I have an Asus android (zenfone max) which keeps popping up

Customer Question

Hi. I have an Asus android (zenfone max) which keeps popping up porn. I cannot get rid of the. Virus. I have cleared all history, cache, but there is one cookie/website that I cannot remove and it is now hindering business as this is a business phone.I also have TrendMicro virus protection which does not detect this as a virus. Please how can I remove and/or ban this site? While simply doing any other task, it randomly triggers the web browser and opens disgusting images
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you clear history and cache within the web browser app? And/or where did you clear it?

What's the name of the internet web browser app you use on your Asus android ZenFone Max phone, such as Internet, Chrome, Web / Browser, etc.?

Does this issue only occurs when you use the internet browser app? Or when does this issue occur?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

1. Open Settings app icon.
  2. Go to Apps or Applications.
  3. Select Application manager.
  4. Swipe from right to left until you get to the option ALL.
  5. Scroll down, then select the name of your internet / browser app that you use. Usually it is called Browser or Internet or Chrome or Web. (Select each one if needed.)
  6. Select option Force Stop and confirm.
  7. Select option Clear Data and confirm.
    ; (If needed, select option Storage first if available, then select option Clear Data and confirm.)
  8. Open your internet / browser app and check.
    ; (If needed, press and hold the Power on / off button on the phone, then select the Restart option and confirm, then check.)

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How are you? It's been about a week. Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,