Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have two Kindle devices. A week or ten days ago I ordered

Customer Question

I have two Kindle devices. A week or ten days ago I ordered an e-book after I'd read (a couple of months ago) a "sample" of this book. Book's title is "The Pursuit of Mary Bennet" A Pride and Prejudice Novel, (based on continuation of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" I placed the order for the full book (The Pursuit of Mary Bennet) but have not received the rest of the book. It was supposed to have been delivered to my smaller Kindle via "Cloud."O.K. Can you follow up and deliver the remainder (that comes after the "sample" I received at least six weeks ago?Here's what I think is the problem. Just saw it on another "Kindle" page. I think you folks are still using an old e-mail address, for one thing. About a year ago I changed my e-mail address from***@******.*** to (NEW at least a year or 14 months ago ...) [email protected] I have tried and tried & tried again to get someone at Kindle to notice my predicament. I have not discovered a way to get into the OLD e-mail address of***@******.***. So, can one of you nice, kind, accommodating techs please tell me how I can (finally) find the above-named novel deposited in my oldest (circa 2014) Kindle?Also, you folks have not shown that I've already subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. No problem ... this situation will be corrected in a few days. The trial period was just over on the 16th, I believe.SO, Help Help Help! I paid $9.99 for the novel described at the top of this message. I am an elderly old girl, 86 years old, so please be kind.
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My e-mail address was given correctly and my password ***** ***** This information that you need is not worth $36 to me. So, do you want me to just say goodbye and leave my keyboard?Hugs and kisses, Fern
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think the problem is Kindle (and Kindle Fire) are using an old e-mail address. The last couple of times I've ordered an e-book, it gets lost in the Cloud(s) or Whispernet.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you note (also) that I do not have a mobile (cell) phone. The landline (which I gave you) is enough for me. Land Line (once again) is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access the book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you