Thank you. Please try the following:
- Can you please go to menu, then go to Settings, then select option Device options, then option Personalize your Kindle, then option Device name and change it there?
- Click on the Amazon website below:
, and if prompted, sign in with your email address and your Amazon account password
, then click on option Your Devices near the top
, then click on your kindle device name, then click on Edit below it. Then change the device name, then click on Save at bottom
, then tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon, if shown, at the top of the kindle's screen, then tap on option Sync & Check for Items, if shown. (Or swipe down from the top of the screen, then tap on option Sync if shown.) Then check.
, if needed, press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
- If needed, go to the website below:
, then click on Login & Security Settings (under the section Account Settings), and sign in your Amazon account if prompted, then edit your name there if it's not correct.
- If needed, tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon, if shown, at the top of the kindle's screen, then tap on Settings, then tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon again, then select Reset device option and confirm OK / yes, then wait a bit, then set up the kindle again with the name you want.
; Or swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Tap Reset / yes to confirm. Then wait a bit, and set up the kindle again with the name you want.
- If all fails, do you know if you have a kindle Paperwhite or kindle Fire, etc.?
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,