Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

I made a spelling mistake in my name when setting up my new

Customer Question

I made a spelling mistake in my name when setting up my new kindle, how do I fix it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this the name when you registered your Amazon account?

What's the model of your kindle?

When does the name appear?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Touch Kindle
At the top of the kindle

Thank you. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Can you please go to menu, then go to Settings, then select option Device options, then option Personalize your Kindle, then option Device name and change it there?

Solution #2:

- Click on the Amazon website below:

https://www.amazon.com/mycd

, and if prompted, sign in with your email address and your Amazon account password

, then click on option Your Devices near the top

, then click on your kindle device name, then click on Edit below it. Then change the device name, then click on Save at bottom

, then tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon, if shown, at the top of the kindle's screen, then tap on option Sync & Check for Items, if shown. (Or swipe down from the top of the screen, then tap on option Sync if shown.) Then check.

, if needed, press and hold the power on / off button on the kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Solution #3:

- If needed, go to the website below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html

, then click on Login & Security Settings (under the section Account Settings), and sign in your Amazon account if prompted, then edit your name there if it's not correct.

Solution #4:

- If needed, tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon, if shown, at the top of the kindle's screen, then tap on Settings, then tap on the 3-dot (or 3-bar) icon again, then select Reset device option and confirm OK / yes, then wait a bit, then set up the kindle again with the name you want.

; Or swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults. Tap Reset / yes to confirm. Then wait a bit, and set up the kindle again with the name you want.

- If all fails, do you know if you have a kindle Paperwhite or kindle Fire, etc.?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,