Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle seems to have frozen. I cannot switch off to re

Customer Question

My kindle seems to have frozen. I cannot switch off to re boot. It is stuck on the page
"We'd love to hear your thoughts......."
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Aric I apologise for being hard to contact. Since my initial email to you I have been too busy to replyand I see you have tried to contact me a few times. I have tried your recommended re booting but it has not worked. As you have charged my bank account for your service I do want to rectify the issue. I suspect my Kindle has "died". I don't know if it's worth repairing or replacing? It's maybe 10 years old model no: D00901.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am concerned that $16.48 was debited from my account on 26/10. What was this for as I have no solution yet?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 days ago.

I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, site layout, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No it is not a good time to "chat" just now. I am trying to resolve my Kindle issues to no avail yet I have been charged. Is there somewhere in Sydney Australia to take it to?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 days ago.

I'm sorry, I will have to opt out and open the question to other experts.