Terry Parker
Terry Parker, Android Technician
Experience:  Device Technician at Batteries Plus Bulbs
94245276

I have a Kodi Mxv M210 Android TV box that I have a problem.

Customer Question

I have a Kodi Mxv M210 Android TV box that I have a problem. I had trouble connecting to the internet and somehow now when I turn my cox on the Miracast login screen comes up asking for a password. I know a password ***** it will not let me into the Kodi unless I put in a password. I cannot go into settings at all. It just the leafy screen asking for a password.
Anyone now how I can troubleshoot this problem and get into my TV box?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: On the box it says OTT TV BOX. On the device it has MXV. Initially when it was installed it came up with KODI program.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing happens. When I turn on the TV to the HMDI 2 connection then hit the TV box to come on, it has a screen that says Miracast and ask for a password.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had not had it on for 3-4 days. When I turned it on last night, this was the screen.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kris R replied 8 months ago.

Could we try a reset? I will be able to show you how this is done.

Regards

Kevin

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay
Expert:  Kris R replied 8 months ago.
  1. Exit out of Kodi if you have it opened.
  2. Go into your Android Settings Screen. To do this, you may need to access a “More Settings” tab, similar to what I did in the video below.
  3. Scroll down and click the Apps button or Applications button.
  4. Click the Kodi option within the list. When you do this, a new screen will appear with options.
  5. Click the button that reads “Clear Data”. Let it go through the process of computer space, deleting, etc. This could take a minute.
  6. After process is finished, you will notice that the data size now shows as zero.
  7. Escape out of this screen and go to your home screen.
  8. Launch Kodi and ensure that everything has been erased and you are working with a fresh installation.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no phone call
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I reset the device?
Expert:  Kris R replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not received an answer in my email yet,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not able to do this because when I turn on the device, the only thing that comes up is a Miracast login screen. I have not set up a password ***** this prevents me from anything but that screen.
Expert:  Terry Parker replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be your device technician for the day.

I have read up on this problem and it seems that you have a defective box. I would return it and try to get a new box. I'm guessing this is a pretty common issue with these boxes. What happen is the box generate its own password ***** prevent someone to even operating the device. So the box will need to be reprogrammed and then can be reused. Sorry! Please rate me on my services.