Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

I'm trying to go to read.amazon.com on my android phone

Customer Question

I'm trying to go to read.amazon.com on my android phone using chrome. everytime i input the url it takes me to a different page, either www.amazon.com or something starting with "google". i just want to read books on my phone. and i already gave up on the "kindle for android" app as it just won't work
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi Phylis,

You will need to use the Kindle app from the Google Store. What exactly does not work with it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i dowload it to my phone. it says the download is complete. there's no icon anywhere on my phone. if i go to the download folder & click on it nothing happens
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

If you are using an Android phone, you will need to open the Google Play Store then search for Kindle app and install it. It sounds like you are going to the website instead of finding the app through the Google Play Store.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.