ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a kindle 3rd gen (keyboard) I missed the auto update

Customer Question

I have a kindle 3rd gen (keyboard) I missed the auto update and need to do it manually. The directions i found told me to download the correct update which I did then connect the kindle via usb to my computer (I have a mac air) then drag and drop the update to the kindle drive folder. I have done everything but I am unable to find the kindle drive folder to do the drag and drop. Can you give me any help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Just mount the Kindle onto your Mac and it will appear as a drive, then drag and drop the update directly onto the Kindle Drive (not into any sub-folder).

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------