Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

I lost my Samsung S7 yesterday. The location was turned off.

Customer Question

I lost my Samsung S7 yesterday. The location was turned off. I went to Android device manager and when i tried to locate, it said Your device's location access is turned off. It was NOT stolen and is laying in a big field which but it does have cell reception. How can i pay somebody to triangulate or something?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi!

Even though it was not stolen, if the phone is turned off through no battery or water/outside damage to the phone. Also, it could have possibly been found by someone and stolen where they turned it off. There isn't a way to "triangulate" the signal without having access to a government based system.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is all known information. Was looking for a solution. Have tried to cancel question this morning earlier and will try again later. Thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Okay, thank you.