Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician

10 Viking Pro with Tablet in June. Tuesday night, had

Customer Question

10 Viking Pro with Tablet in June. Tuesday night, had trouble getting it
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: to turn on...when it did, it showed the RCA screen with 2 dogs, went black, then showed "Viking Pro", screen went black, then showed a cylinder with a yellow triangle having a red exclamation point within at the bottom, and goes off. Cannot get the tablet to open up otherwise. This is a tablet, not a tv. Has been fully this tablet, tho not so much at the moment. When I take it to use outside of home, it works for 30/40 minutes, then says the screen I'm using isn't available, but if I shut it down, and open in a few minutes it will usually work. Other than it's having an ignorant operator, what do you think? Why won't it open?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: This is not a tv. I did not click on the button for help with a tv. Will get off, and apologize for the bother. Thank you anyway.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Tried turning it on ( my RCA 10 Viking Pro Tablet ) on the 4th; tried
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ooops...several times then, and today, the most I could get was the RCA screen showing RCA with two Dalmatian dogs, went dark, went to a screen with "Viking Pro" on it; went dark, then showed the clear cylinder ( looks like Lucite ) that had a yellow triangle with a red exclamation point within it; then immediately goes off. Need a tablet expert, please
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 20 days ago.

Let's see if it will respond to a reset:

Power the device down completely, and then hold both the volume up button and the power button until the RCA logo appears on the screen.

When the screen changes to the Android bot on his back, press and hold the power button and then press volume up once more.

At this point, the Android System Recovery screen appears, with a list of options. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu and make selections accordingly.

To reset the device, scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button. Confirm the selection by scrolling down through several "no" entries until the word "yes" is visible. Highlight "yes" and press the power button. The process takes between 1 and 10 minutes, but once it finishes, it powers up again and shows the "Welcome" screen

If it does not respond to this option, please reply back otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.