JKalman
JKalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I keep getting a message authentication failed, SAMSUNG S4,

Customer Question

I keep getting a message authentication failed
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: SAMSUNG S4
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I REALLY HAVEN'T TRIED MUCH
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** see that you've been waiting for help for quite awhile. I'm sorry about that. I'll do my best to help. Authentication usually fails because either the password ***** you have stored on the phone for the Google account associated with the phone is incorrect, or the account has been locked for some reason. Please go to http://www.google.com and try to login using the email address and password ***** the account. If you are unable to login there, you will need to reset your Google password. Once you have reset it, please go into the settings on your phone and change it there as well.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't see that it helped and it sure was
Wasn't worth $26
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Is your smartphone connected to the internet?