p0llinate, Engineer
Experience:  Android phone and tablet expert

Cant remember password to wi fi to regester my fire, amazon

Customer Question

cant remember password ***** wi fi to regester my fire
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: amazon fcn ce30682
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 1 wk.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: do not think so
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  p0llinate replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 27 days ago.

Hello Morris,

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 27 days ago.

Hi Morris,

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Note though that the info you sent is not a valid model number.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Expert:  p0llinate replied 26 days ago.

Okay did you try the password ***** on the side already?

In your browser, type “http://router” (click for link to open in new window) (you do not need to type in anything else such as “www”).Then press the Enter key.If you’re still having trouble running the manual setup option, type “” in your browser (you do not need to type in anything else such as “http://” or “www”).Then press the Enter key.

Click on the settings link under the Wireless heading on the left. Your SSID (network name) will be shown here. Then click on the Security link on the left side under the Wireless, you will see the security mode and network key (password) shown here.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 24 days ago.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 21 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.