Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Having difficulty opening my Samsung Tab 3.

Customer Question

Having difficulty opening my Samsung Tab 3 .
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What problem are you having, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please call so we can discuss ways to answer my question

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

What problem do you have with the Galaxy Tab 3 please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cannot get into it.

Password ***** working?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No cannot open to access anything, ie: system log in etc

Is the screen black? or 'dead' ?

Does the power light or any power indicator come On?

How old is the Samsung in question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dialog keeps saying wrong password.
screen is not dead, power light comes on , just unable to get into tablet . tablet only less than one year old.

Did anyone else have access to the device before this?

Does it indicate that there is a good wireless connection on the device?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No one had access to my device but me, Wireless connections are good on the device.

Did you reset or change your (presumably) Google password *****?

Do you have a computer to try to access your Google account with? if so, try just logging in to it. Don't do any reset of anything, just yet.

Also try this: press and hold the power button until the Tab 3 shuts Off ... and leave it Off for at least 30 minutes, to cool down and reset. This may help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't changed my google account and I haven't been able to access the tablet with the google account password ***** is assigned to it. Is there a process to restore the tablet???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tablet has been off while I have been waiting for some answers....How can I log into my tablet from another computer while I am communicating with you on my computer????

The first question, IMHO, is whether your Google account password *****

Open a web browser on your computer.

Enter the address

https://www.googe.com

and press RETURN.

See if you can log in there with the password, and the account name, you know from your tablet.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is some sort of certificate problem with that web site address on my computer

Check that the computer's date is set to the correct year and month. The wrong year and month can produce a certificate problem...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
dates all correct...

Is there still a problem with that site? if so, what is the error code and message please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Russell any other suggestions can we get back to the tablet problem?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No error code number just a warning that the site could cause problems if continued. Are going to help me or should I request a refund?

That was addressed to the tablet problem... however, if I seem to be making no progress, I will turn the case over to another Expert here at JustAnswer.com, whose approach might favor the case better. To do so, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts here.

(If you need to ask further about a refund, contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through

***@******.***

or through means on this web page, including a phone #:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for your patience thus far, and for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.)

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Russell was on the right track. However he misspelled Google in the web address. That is the reason that you had certificate problem. If you will follow his advice and go to www.google.com you can login there to verify that your gmail address and password ***** valid.