derrickonline
derrickonline, Info. Tech. Mgr.
Experience:  Extensive experience with Android tablets, and phones.
22792886

My apps are on my sd card Galaxy s5 how do I use them

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 months ago.

I'd be more than happy to assist you. When you say your apps are on your SD card, I don't follow you. Typically you go to the Google Play store and download and install your apps. Then you go to your app drawer and run them.

So are you saying you backed up the apps from another phone and placed them on your SD card? I'm not sure I follow you just yet.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Derrick, I am a Totally and Permanently Disabled Veteran, and I am restricted to my study with a special chair and a whole pile of other crap..To make the day go quicker I play in slot machine competitions. My galaxy S5 was running out of room to put new game applications on it, so I moved them all to the sd memory card. I was hoping to be able to move them from the phone to the cloud.
Something has happened overnight, the Galaxy's programs have all gone blank except from the original applications which have remained the same.
My questions: How do I transfer these applications from the sd memory card to the Cloud from my Galaxy and I have two (2) iPads with a severe shortage of memory. I need all the applications at hand on command and be able to access the applications from thr cloud and use them immediately when required. SCARED YET!!!!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a bigger memory card for the Galaxy and iPads???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the Samsung there is a button in application management that asks you if you want the the application mover to the sd card to free up room.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'ts far too early her in Brisbane for a phone call. Maybe later!!

Good morning, sorry for the delay. First off, thank you for your service and I'm sorry to hear about your disability. All the more reason we have to get these slots working again for you! The good news is I follow you. To free up internal storage you moved apps to your SD card.

When you move your apps to the SD card there's on caveat, not all apps will work from the SD card. I'm sorry for all the questions but it will help me provide you an accurate solution.

• Do any of the apps you moved to the SD card work?
  • Do the apps you moved to the SD card have strange icons now (versus their standard icon)?
  • If you move a SINGLE app from the SD card back to the Internal storage does it work again?

To answer your other question, you can't "move the apps to the cloud" to run them. That's not a feature available on the iPad or Galaxy. The good thing about the Galaxy (more reason to love Android) is you can expand your memory with an SD card. Which it sounds like you did. Now we need to figure out what the app aren't working.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an answer to my question without you.
Your next question is: Where do I go to get OLD Versions of applications that will be accepted by my ipad 1
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
FINISH NO MORE MONEY TO BE CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT

When you say old applications for your iPad, unlike Android an iPad that's not jailbroken only has one method of obtaining apps and that's from the Apple App Store. Meaning whatever version of the app is available there is your only option.