Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

Can I permanently delete deleted text, note 5, my wife is

Customer Question

can I permanently delete deleted text
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: note 5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my wife is wanting to pull up all my deleted text, she said she found something on
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: online called doc fone
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi!

There isn't a perfect way to permanently delete text messages. Once you delete a text message, it is gone from your phone but in order for it to be completely gone and not recoverable, it would need to be "overwritten" with other data. But, there isn't a way to specify which data is overwritten and when. For example, if you were to erase your hard drive on your computer when you install the operating system again, it will overwrite some information and as you install new programs or surf the internet, data is being overwritten but there isn't a way to tell which data is overwritten.

The good news is that there is an application called Secure Wipe that will do it for you. You can find it in the Google Play Store by searching for "Secure Wipe" and you can read about it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinellascodeworks.securewipe&hl=en

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.