Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I was locked out of my Samsung galacy s6 after trying to

Customer Question

I was locked out of my Samsung galacy s6 after trying to change my fingerprint activation to my telephone number. I could not keep up with all my google account passwords because my 7 year old son some hoe did something with google and had several accounts. when I tried to use my Samsung galacy s6 phone it asked me for my google password ***** I put in my phone number and it did not allow me to unlock phone. so I went to boost mobikle store I bought phone at in april and they reset the phone and made it worse. so I bought a cricket phone using same phone number and pin so that I could call goggle . Boost or Samsung to reactivate my phone. but when I purchased the cricket they disconnected my boost service. I just paid my monthly bill on the Samsung s6 and my insurance. I called Samsung and they neded a receipt or activation date but boost will not give it to me because cricket closed the account. I did not tell them to closethe account
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

Hi Neil,

There two different ways to be locked out of a phone - one is that the carrier will not activate it and one where you can't use the phone. It sounds like the second one is the issue you are having, is that correct? If that is correct AND you don't have any data you don't mind losing, it may be easiest to just factory reset the phone. To be clear, this will restore the phone to a brand-new state with NO information or passwords on it at all, except if it is activated with a carrier, it should stay activated. I'm suggesting this because it sounds like you are frustrated and confused, so please let me know if this is the direction you want to go, or if you'd prefer going another route - I'll be happy to help either way.