Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Ii i cannot connect my samsung tablet to the internet on the

Customer Question

hi ii i cannot connect my samsung tablet to the internet on the back of the tablet it says ce0168 in settings mode i have the wifi ti.... turned on but when i go to google it says my internet is disabled and i must connect to a network but i hae no idea hoe to do that i have been using the tablet successfuklly today but d suddenly i have this glitch and nothinh i do deems to work grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr please help me
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please open the Settings app icon, then tap on Wi-Fi option, then what do you see there?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
on

Thank you. In Settings -> Wi-Fi, does it show a list of wireless network name(s), including yours?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it hs a list including the one i'm trying to get on and it is trying to hook up but will soon tell me that it was unsuccessful and eventually i will be told that my internet is turned off and i must connect to a network which is the very question i have is how to do that

Please press and hold the power on / off button on your Samsung tablet, then select the Restart option, then confirm Restart / yes.

, then open Settings -> Wi-Fi

, then tap on your wireless network name, then what does it show next? Please tell me the full message.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok i restarted and its back i pressed settings and then wifi and my tablet was already trying to connect to the store's wi fi that i am in says connecting just said failed to obtain ip address

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

On your tablet, can you tap on your network name and connect?

(Do not use the store's wi-fi network name.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i'm using the store's computer.i cannot tap onto my own network because i am about a thousand miles away from it so it obviously isn't listed

I'm sorry; I did not know you are not having problem with your wi-fi.

What is the store name?

Have you been using this store's wi-fi successfully on your tablet recently?

And/or which wi-fi have you been using successfully on your tablet recently?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i was using starbucks because the earlier stores had not had wifi. once i got onto the internet and googled starbucks their permission box popped up and away i went using my cd library so for the first time i found a store who has his own wifi and i not only cannot get into it but i now can't even get into the internet to access his web site my tablet keeps telling me i'm offline and i have no idea how to get back online

Open Settings -> Wi-Fi, then tap on the store's wifi network name, then tap on the option Forget if shown. Then tap on the store wifi network name again, then tap on Connect, then what happens?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
first my tablet is trying to connect to it when i tap onto it it flshes a box which indicates that the signal is strong and the only box to tap says cancel but that just gets rid of that box and my tablet keeps on trying to open it if i do it again the same box appears

Tap on the store wifi network name, then tap on Cancel. Then tap on the store wifi network name again, then tap on Connect. Then what happens?

Is there any other laptop or tablet or smartphone currently able to connect to that store wifi network name right now?

Please let me know. Thank you,

How is it going?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,