Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have been LOCKED out of my Android turbo 2, Motorola, cell

Customer Question

I have been LOCKED out of my Android turbo 2, Motorola, cell phone since LAST WEEK THURSDAY, after accidentally DELETING ALL OF MY GOOGLE ACCOUNTS.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: less than one year?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have went to the Verizon Wireless Store, called Verizon tech support, called google support, and waited 72 hours because I was told it would automatically unlock after 72 hours. v
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm extremely frustrated. I CAN NOT LOSE WHAT IS STORED ON MY PHONE No, I already did that
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me exactly what you are seeing on the screen please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when I swipe the screen to open it, a keypad comes up, with a blank line above it, and under the blank line it says
EMERGENCY. Apparently it wants me to type a password. I've tried, and I am now "WRONG PASSWORD, THAT IS 7 TRIES OUT OF 10"
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, you will need to attempt to do a factory reset if you cannot get past this lock.

It will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole reason for the lock.

To do this

1. Begin by switching off the device by holding dwon the Power key for a short while.
  2. In the next step press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
  3. Then press the Volume Down to select option "Recovery", and press the Power button to confirm.
  4. When the Android Image shows up on the screen hold down the Volume Up for a couple of seconds.
  5. While holding the Volume Up hold down the Power key and after a short while release all buttons.
  6. Afterwards press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power key to confirm.
  7. Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.
  8. To restart the tablet, select "reboot system now".
  9. The hard reset is done

Then set up the phone again and tell me if you can now operate it please.

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WHAT IF I HAVE STUFF BACKED UP IN CLOUD? WILL I KEEP EVERYTHING, AND NOT LOSE IT THEN?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It will not touch the information on the cloud, that is safe.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you also a Motorola expert?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes that is correct

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, will proceed with the process above
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
nothing says "recovery" it says it says something about hit "ok" for reboot
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wait , i'll try again
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, you need to select OK when it asks to reboot please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it keeps shutting down, powering off
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, power it off completely by holding the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then power it on and try to do the procedure again please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok, I will do it again, yet I have done it like 3 times now
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok please do as this is the only way to reset it so we need to ensure it is done correctly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I hit the power button and hold it it only says power off, nothing else, not matter what
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, its not registering it.

Choose the power off and then try the procedure again please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did, power off, and now my phone is completely turned off.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, now do the instructions again please

1. press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
  2. Then press the Volume Down to select option "Recovery", and press the Power button to confirm.
  3. When the Android Image shows up on the screen hold down the Volume Up for a couple of seconds.
  4. While holding the Volume Up hold down the Power key and after a short while release all buttons.
  5. Afterwards press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power key to confirm.
  6. Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.
  7. To restart the tablet, select "reboot system now".
  8. The hard reset is done

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
restart bootloader?????
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

sorry? I do not understand your reply.

Can you please be more detailed

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I hit "recovery mode", now it has a picture of a lttle green guy and it says "no command"
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok, this means it is not able to correctly communicate with the memory which is likely the problem that caused this issue in the first place.

Power it on normally and tell me what happens please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
a little green guy came up with options which I chose by hitting volume up or down, I chose recovery options, and now I have a litllle green guy laying down that says "no command" which is NOW restarting my entire phone...
UGGGHHHHH
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Let me know what happens when it restarts please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its back on, with time and date, and that's as far as it will go
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
time, date, shows missed texts, ect, but swipe screen on and Im back to EMERGENCY, wanting me to type in a password.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yeah, its powered on
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

ok we need to try once more time to confirm if it is the memory thats faulting here

Power it off via the power off option and try to perform the reset again.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
power it completely off, wait a few seconds, power it on again, and then retry?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes please, using the instructions exactly as I list them

8. The hard reset is done
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will follow the instructions, but FIRST power it on as normal, and THEN follow your instructions?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

No, exactly as my instructions indicate, so FIRST, STEP 1

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
still trying, I keep getting close, but then something dumb happens and I have to try again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
FISRT STEP , hold power and volume down for a few seconds, am I waiting until something appears???? or just let go after a few seconds and then go to simply press volume down???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when something DOES come up, it is a little green guy, giving me options of which I choose by volume up or down.
One option is recovery whatever, if I hit power button that selects the recovery options. Is this correct?????
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

yes thats correct, just like in my instructions.

press Volume Down to choose "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power key to confirm.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, I can not get this to work. And I have to leave. I will try once more. It says recovery options, rebootlegging options, start, , etc and when I push the power button to confirm all I get is a dead laying on its side little green guy that says no command
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** only one cause left for this

It is the internal memory that has faulted, this is the reason why you cannot unlock or even restore it.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to fault.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you