Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy 5S asked for my email password

Customer Question

Hi. Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy 5S asked for my email password ***** my yahoo account. Every time I enter the password ***** get an error message: Authentication failed. I have changed the password ***** my PC and it is working fine on the PC and my Ipad but refuses to work on my phone. Help!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Samsung-SM-G900V Model SM-G900V Android version 5.0 Android Security patch level 2016-02-01
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 24-36 hours. I have turned phone off. I have taken battery out and reinstalled. I keep entering the password ***** and over - still doesn't work!
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure if this is relevant but my phone has consistently struggled to have enough available space to download updates. I try to delete from device memory but can't seem to free up enough space. Even had a Verizon person try to help and she just said, "huh, that's weird."
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great. Are you available now?
Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

is your yahoo email account the one that you used to register your Galaxy S5 Android smartphone? Do you have a micro SD card installed in you phone to provide external memory, which can be used to offload your internal system memory?

Expert:  JKalman replied 2 months ago.

is your yahoo email account the one that you used to register your Galaxy S5 Android smartphone?

Do you have a micro SD card installed in you phone to provide external memory, which can be used to offload your internal system memory?