Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a ZTE go phone I used when my phone broke, now I need

Customer Question

i have a ZTE go phone I used when my phone broke, now I need to use it again temporarily but it is saying mobile network not available, I also forgot the phone number
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: about 4 months
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just turned it back on and started charging it, it has been in my drawer for a few months. I just use it as a temporary go phone
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First of all, let me know whether your Go phone is an Android phone. ("ZTE Go phone," is not terribly specific and it might be any number of models and types.)

If it is not, the answer will be less easy to do and less easy to find. But there is an answer to your question, once I have more information about the phone.

Let me know, by the Reply To Expert function, and I will advise you as to what to do.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this is an android phone

OK, thanks for responding! that should do if for needed information for me to answer your question. Just a few more minutes, while I assemble and type up your answer, please... Thanks for your patience meanwhile...

Remove the battery, and wait 5 minutes.

Then put in the battery again after at least that much time, and turn On the phone.

Then if still no mobile network available, go to

Mobile Networks (may be under 'Networks' or 'Networking')

Network Operators

select the choice that matches your mobile network plan.

Make sure also that the Mobile Networking is turned On, in network settings.

Then, restart the phone.

Does that help with the network issue? if not, if you have another problem with those instructions, let me know, please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It doesn't seem to have the ability to take the battery out.... only the back cover can come off where you put the sim card in I took the sim card out and put it back in then rebooted, no network.. emergency calls only

That sounds as if the phone had not been activated (or, after several years of disuse, re-activated.)

Did you put the SIM card back in properly? that could also cause such a condition (unless of course it was that way before the SIM card was taken out! I understand that.)

If it's a Go phone, then you may have to re-activate it after several years of disuse. For activation status to lapse after a time might be considered perfectly normal, if bothersome... a number that is unused needs to be re-allocated, since there are only so many numbers to go around.

Go to this page, enter your SIM card number in the form, and proceed from there:

If there is any problem, or if you need to ask for further details, please let me know.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.