Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

Trying to set up second kindle but cannot remember my

Customer Question

trying to set up second kindle but cannot remember my password
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your Internet modem/router device(s) for any Wi-Fi / network / security / wireless password ***** key / passphrase; that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, and if you have a Windows 7 or 8 or 10 computer that is wireless, please try the following steps on your computer in order to retrieve the wi-fi / wireless password ***** the computer:

1. Open Control Panel on the computer.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)
  2. Then open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab at the top.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi wireless password. (It is case-sensitive.)

- If that does not work, and if you have a Mac computer that is wireless, please try the following steps on your computer in order to retrieve the wi-fi / wireless password ***** the computer:

1. Open Finder.
  2. Click on Applications
  3. Open Utilities.
  4. Open Keychain Access
  5. (If needed, select System under Keychains column on the left. If needed, select All Items under Category on the left.)
  6. Then you'll see your Wi-Fi / wireless network name (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
  7. Double-click on your network name in order to open it.
  8. Select tiny box at Show password.
  9. (Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.)
  10. Then you will see your wireless password ***** network security key; it is case-sensitive.

- If all fails, please let me know the model of your Internet modem/router device.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,