Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot Android Devices.
30037186

My amazon tablet is locked and it is not responding to

Customer Question

Hi, my amazon tablet is locked and it is not responding to attempts to shut down per Control Alt Del or pressing the Off button. Do you have any ideas. The battery is built in.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: We just bought it this summer. I can see if I can find out about the make model.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been locked for about an hr. My son tried to hook it up to our main desktop, but nothing happened. We tried hitting Cont Alt Del and turning it off. It may have a battery life of 15%. It is on, but not locked in the Power Off/Shutting Down mode.
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Amazon Fire HD 10 Keyboard Case (5th Generation - 2015 release)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC is the table info.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire tablet for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

- After doing the above step, what is showing on the kindle's screen now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
NOthing is happening, except that the On.Off button is flashing on and off. It it still locked. How many questions am I able to ask for the $26?? If I sign up for the free trial, can I speak to someone without added costs? Right now I will be charged an added $20 to talk to someone on the phone. That would make this session $47?? Is that correct? Thank you.

Can you please charge the kindle and hold the power on / off button hard and check? If you have any cover / case / keyboard on the kindle, please remove it first, and try again.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Fire HD 10 Tablet, 10.1" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - This is the information for my table. I just bought it this summer. Nothing happened when I did what you suggested. The flashing blue light turned to red and then the on/off button then turned off, but it is still locked.

I'm really sorry. Was it dropped? Did any water get into it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, water did not get into it. Do you think that if the battery runs out then it may reboot and get "unlocked"?

No, it does not matter if you let the battery run out or not. When you recharge, it should work. I'm sorry; it is hardware issue, but don't worry, Amazon will do warranty repair / replacement for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It appears like we are done. is that correct?

In the mean time, do you need help with reading your kindle books on a computer or tablet or smartphone, if you have?

I'm really sorry that you got a bad kindle. You can click on the Amazon website below to request warranty repair/replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

- If you need help with reading your current kindle books, if any, on a computer or tablet or smartphone, please let me know.

You can always get back to me later on as needed. Also, if you have any other electronics or computer question / issue, please let me know any time. Thank you very much for your patience.