Jason Jones, Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

MY TABLET HAS JUST STARTED ASKING FOR A PASSWORD AND WONT

Customer Question

MY TABLET HAS JUST STARTED ASKING FOR A PASSWORD ***** WONT EXCEPT THE PASSWORD ***** ENTER
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 I THINK ITS ABOUT 3 YRS OLD. MODEL GT N8010
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ONLY STARTED TODAY. WHEN I TURN IT ON IT COMES UP WITH THE TIME & DATE AND A SQUARE WITH A FLASHING BLUE LINE. DOWN THE BOTTOM I HAVE BATTEY LEVEL,WIFI CONNECTION, TEMP. THIS IS ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM ON THE LEFT SIDE I HAVE A ROUND ARROW
JA: Anything else you want the Android expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

Being that you don't have the password, the only option is to factory reset the Samsung device, which will erase everything on it, including the password.

Please, follow my instructions below to reset your device and erase everything on it, including the password:

- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 device.

- Wait for 10 seconds, Then move to the next step.

- Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key.

- Keep pressing the above keys until the Samsung Logo appears,Then release Power key only.

- When you see Factory reset / System Recovery menu on screen release the Volume Up Key.

- Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.

- Use Power key to confirm the operation.

- You need to use the Volume Down key again to select "Yes -- delete all user data"

- Use Power key to confirm.

- After performing the hard reset, Select Reboot System Now option, And confirm it using Power key.

- Now the phone will reboots, Wait for it to be fully on and then you can start using it.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page: