Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I forgot my password cant get into phone

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** get into phone
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
galaxy j 1
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

When you enter wrong password ***** multiple times continuously, it should ask for the Gmail account associated with it. So use that Gmail account to reset the password

If that didn't work,then we can try to unlock it directly from Samsung Find My Mobile service. This will only work if you have the Find My Mobile option enabled on it. Go to this website --> https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Login to your Samsung account. Select your device on there. Click More on the right side under Ring My Device, Lock My Device etc. Then click Unlock Device and when you do that, your screen will be unlocked.

If that didn't work,then the only option to get in to the phone is factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the password ***** if the Gmail or Samsung website option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). This is how they designed the device. Follow the steps below to factory reset it (make sure you follow the steps below exactly or it will not work);

Turn off the phone

Press and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.

When it turns on, release the Power button but continue holding down Volume Up and Home button.

Android system recovery will be loaded now

Select wipe data/factory reset.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Select Yes — delete all user data.(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

Then select reboot system now(Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)

That should factory reset the phone. After factory reset, you need to setup the phone again (like anew phone).

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
walk me through it
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Did you enter incorrect password ***** multiple times ? If so, does it ask you t sign in with Gmail account ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no stay on same page
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Then we have to try the second option. What is your email address registered with your phone ? I will check from here if you have a samsung account

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Seems like you have a Samsung ID. Do you remember the password ***** used for it ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
peanut22
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

I was able to login to your account and find your phone. I sent an unlock request. Is your phone connected to internet ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Connect the phone to your WiFi network or mobile network (swipe up from the bottom and turn on WiFi or data in there)

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Your phone will unlock the moment it connect to internet. If there is no internet, then the unlock will not work

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, swipe down from the top of the screen and turn on WiFi button. If you see Mobile Data button there, turn it on as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
connected to comp but wont swipe down what does wif button look ik
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Connecting to computer will not work. It has to be connected to a WiFi network or Mobile network. Normally it does stay connected to WiFi (like in your home, if you connected before)

It looks like this --> http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/32/18/63566861557889/0/remove-s-finder-quick-connect-buttons-from-your-galaxy-s6s-notification-panel.1280x600.jpg

(the signal button that says WiFi)

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Turn off the phone and turn it back on. Then in lock screen (not password ***** screen), swipe down from the top with two finders and this will bring some icons like WiFi, bluetooth etc.

If you only see a few icons, then swipe down with two fingers again and do you see a screen similar to this (see attachment)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
wont swipe down or up
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Rita, if the phone is not allowing you to turn on internet (WiFi or Mobile Data), then your only option is factory reset. Factory reset will delete everything from it and return it to new. There is no way to over ride the lock screen if you can't connect it to internet.

Do you want to factory reset it ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Turn off the phone. Wait 1 minute.

Then press and hold down Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.

Does it boot into a menu with some options ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no goes back to looked screen I am all a bi confusing for this 75 y old
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

It may take a few tries to boot into android recovery. Turn off the phone completely. Then you have to hold down Volume Up button, Power button and Home button (at front bottom) at same time until it boot into Android recovery screen.

Make sure you don't hold down Volume down.

See the instructions with pictures in here --> http://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-j100f-galaxy-j1/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok all one thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You're most welcome ! FYI Since you posted the password ***** this open thread, I changed your Samsung account password ***** peanut22 to ritaxxxx (replace xxxx with year of birth) to protect your account. You can change it later if you want.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

If your Yahoo password ***** ***** same, then please reset or change it as well. You can change it from this website --> https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent or 5 stars and click Submit at the top of this page. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hello Rita, It's me Ashik again. Is everything working for you ?

I see that you've not rated my answer yet. If you are satisfied with the service I provided to you here and remotely, please take a moment to rate me as Excellent Service or 5 star or highest rating and click Submit. I will not get paid or get credit for my efforts and helping you unless you rate my service (you will not be charged anything additional). If you need any more help, please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Best Regards,