Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.

My LG flash stopped working. It is LG Android smartphone

Customer Question

my LG flash stopped working. It is LG Android smartphone from Tracfone and I love it. I can afford it and it has all the features I will ever need but the flash stopped working. Anythig suggestions or solutions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Since the flash is software based to turn it on, some installed apps can prevent the flash from working. Usually this is due to security features, or lack thereof. You can reset your phone back to factory settings, be sure to back up your data. Copy your pictures and music to your computer with a USB cable.

If you use Gmail, your data is already backed up, only if you are signed into your Gmail account on your phone. If you do not have a Gmail account, go to and sign up, then sign in on your phone, and wait to do the reset until tomorrow.

• Press "Menu" while on the home screen
  • Tap "System settings"
  • If necessary, press "Menu" and switch to list view
  • Under "Personal", tap "Backup & Reset"
  • Tap "Factory data reset" > "Reset phone"
  • Tap "Erase everything"
  • Review the warning info and tap "OK" to confirm. When the process completes, your phone will restart automatically.

Sign into Gmail on your phone, and your contacts will automatically restore. Let me know if the flash works. If not, it is a hardware failure.