Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Coby kyros tablet that I had stolen from me well I

Customer Question

I have a Coby kyros tablet that I had stolen from me well I got it back an the person that had it put a pattern code an I can't get on it unless I know what the pattern is.. I've tried to rest it, tried different patterns, also have tried to master rest it an it won't work.. I need someone that can get me access to my tablet again.. An if I pay the $45 for u to do this are u goin to be able to master reset it or atleast get me where I can get that pattern off..
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have model numbers an serial numbers just want to be able to use it again..
Expert:  DownHomeTech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you this evening.

I know that you are probably BEYOND frustrated with this, and I am sorry someone stole your tablet. I may have you go through steps you have already been through, please bear with me and repeat them. Sometimes we miss tiny details that mean a lot. Just follow these EXACTLY.

1.) Turn the tablet off. Then, press and hold the POWER BUTTON until the "Device Option" menu appears.

2. ) Choose POWER OFF and then OK.

3.) Press and hold the BACK button and POWER button at the same time for around 10 seconds.

4.) When you see the Android and warning triangle, press BACK once.

5.) You SHOULD see the Android Recovery screen now. The HOME/MENU button will allow you to navigate.

6.) Use the HOME/MENU button to navigate to WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET. Press the BACK button.

7.) On the next screen, choose "YES - DELETE ALL DATA" and press the BACK button.

8.) On the next screen, choose "REBOOT SYSTEM NOW" and press the BACK button.

It should come back up after this. This is the correct way to master reset the Coby Kyros tablet. I have also included a video for your reference. CLICK HERE FOR THAT.

Let me know if that didn't work and I'll research to see if there is another way.

If this DID work, please rate my answer with 5 stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you, as this is how we are compensated.

Thank you!

Jennie

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done that several times an it don't do anything?? What's the next step??

I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond. Somehow the question got locked and I couldn't reply. As far as remoting into the table and fixing it, that would be impossible without being able to access the tablet first.

As far as other things to try, there is not much else that you CAN do. But here are a few documents that I have been researching online for you. Read them and try everything that you can.

http://trendblog.net/how-to-bypass-android-phone-lock-screen-pattern-pin-password/

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-access-your-phone-when-you-forgot-your-scre/

http://www.howtogeek.com/226942/what-to-do-if-you-forget-your-android-phone%E2%80%99s-pin-pattern-or-password/

If NONE of this helps, let me know and I will opt out and give another expert a go at this to ensure we have done everything we can to resolve this. This will be at no extra cost to you.

Thanks,

Jennie

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you said you tried the procedure several times and nothing happened, did you first ensure the tablet was powered completely off, not just the screen being off.

Please let me know.