ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer

I got my LG G6 a little over a year ago. It has been

Customer Question

I got my LG G6 a little over a year ago. It has been freezing up some but always resolves itself...until today. I went to look at something, my screen froze, then went black. Then my LG screen pops up and there is stays. The phone will not shut off unless you pull the battery but when you put the battery back in and turn the phone back on, it goes back to the LG screen and stays there. Please help. This is the only phone I have.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Hi Michelle,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

With the battery connected, press and hold the power button for up to 20 seconds.

Let me know if that resets the phone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It did not
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also now when you disconnect the battery and then reconnect it, the LG screen will come on and then every so often it will flash to black like it is going to continue the processing of powering up but then comes back to the LG screen.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Ok, so it is stuck in a boot loop...

the only other thing you can try is a factory reset, which will erase everything on the phone and restore it to its factory conditions.

To do this,

1. Turn off the phone.
  2. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons on the back of the device.
  3. When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
  4. When "Factory data reset" appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
  5. Press the Power button to confirm.
  6. When prompted to "Erase all user data and restore default settings," use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
  7. Press the Power button to reset the device.

Let me know if that works?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.